Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cool Catholic Blog

OLD SCHOOL May Crowning of the Blessed VirginThis type event was a huge deal back in the day when my father was growing up turn of the century styleOk I am kidding sorry Dadback in the 1940's and 50's we'll say.  I don't want my children to miss out on all those cool Catholic celebrations that are such a part of our heritage just because we can't afford ridiculously expensive Catholic schoolsMy Grandma who would have turned 100 yesterday sent all 4 kids all 12 years to Catholic schools and mine won't get to do that due to lack of funds and lack of schoolsSo I have to supplementThere are some great ideas on the web site below.


http://catholicicing.blogspot.com/




I LOVE THIS!!  Thanks Aimee for pointing it out.  I am hoping to get on the stick and do something with my kids for a May Crowning next monthThe images are not from that web site by the way.


Modern Crowning


I just LOVE Spring so much and May is about the perfect Month to me.

1 comment:

  1. well even in the catholic schools so many of them are doing away with old school things like may crowning. we did that in my catholic school but in my kids catholic school, they are not doing that...so there you go.

    ReplyDelete