Friday, April 16, 2010

Mobile Bay and my Siblings



Here we all are. My brother, two sisters and my first nephew. I think this picture is about 10 years old judging by my nephews age. I am on the far right. The sister next to me is Becky, the one who passed away this week last spring. April was my favorite month. My quads were born in April. Its the beginning of spring, my favorite season. That's all changed, well, sortof. If you have to be reminded of a depressing event in your life, it might as well be during a beautiful season that is full of new life.

We are standing on the pier of my grandparents neighbors on Mobile bay. My grandparents have been gone for quite some time and so have the neighbors but the houses are still there and owned by cousins. I have some of the best memories of this place. There was nothing special about it besides its location. My father says the homes and lot were purchased by my grandparents back in the 1850's when he was in his 20's. . . just kidding Dad. I think it was the 1950's, for the huge some of 5000 dollars. Its a tiny house with an awesome view and needless to say it has gone up ginormously in price. It has been assaulted by many hurricanes over the year but still stands (with much, much renovation by my cousin's family who own it.)

I will never get those years back. I will never get my sister back. You just don't know when you are at a place, that its might be the last time you are there and you don't know when you look at a face that it to may never be in your sight again. Love your people, make sure to let them know you love them.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have so many other reasons to love April. Either way at least we are half way through it! You made it through the one year mark. I hope somehow it makes it easier to reflect on everything. Or, maybe I should just say different?
    LOVE YA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete