Thursday, November 20, 2008

He did it!



So today was the day. I can't believe my little man has entered a new phase in his life, which conincidently complicates mine and thrills me at the same time. He is MOBILE! Where did the time go? Didn't I just find out I was pregnant with my fifth child, not a surprise, he was planned and yet a surprise just the same in that he came on his own with no help from medical science like the quads needed.

Each time something in our lives changes there is a simultaneous loss of something old, and gain of something new. As Jack enters his new phase of crawling and soon walking, I lose my baby but gain the added task of chasing after him and having to remember to pick up small things off the floor, just kidding, that is true but what I gain is, the joy of watching him develop normally and believe me that alone is a huge and precious gift. You love your children no matter where they are typical or not but there is joy in not having an issue with say gross motor development or neurotypical development. Every child will present you with some issue at some point, maybe not until they are teenagers, or maybe tomorrow when the teacher calls and says they are falling behind in class. No parent raises a family without some issues. Be thankful for the nonissues. If your children are doing well in school, are physically and mentally sound and you have enough food and shelter for them, you are blessed indeed. People need to be thankful for the normal things in life because there are so many people who would give anything to have a normal life and just can't. OK, I'm off, I see about 1000 small objects I need to clear from Jack's path. Maybe what I will gain is a clean floor, aha!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you caught that on video and so impressed that you posted it on the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! I love when they start crawling! It is always harder when there are older ones though! So many little toys! Legos and Barbie shoes are the favorite to eat off the floor around here!

    ReplyDelete