Sunday, October 12, 2008

My little hair clip

I have this little, tiny, metal hair clip that I love. Its about the size of a dime. Its heavy and strong but tiny and so easy to lose. I have probably had it for 10 years. I can't believe I haven't lost it. I have been careless with it at times and lost sight of it for a while. It always resurfaces. It always turns up again when I am not even looking for it. I lose dozens of my daughters barretts never to be seen again. Why does this hairclip stay with me? I loaned it out once and it took the better part of a year to come back to me but it did come back. So it got me to thinking, what else in my life is like this hairclip, in fact its been bugging me all day when I was trying to think about my next blog. I think its my faith. I have always had faith. Even though it is not the in-your-face-come-to-Jesus kind of faith. It is always with me too. Its strong and reliable. It seems to disappear at times but always makes its way back to me. It always turns up again even when I have ignored it for a time. God is so patient. So patient and reliable, always there waiting for us to find him again. Someone told me once, and it has always stuck with me, that when you feel separated from God its because you have taken a step or two or a hundred away from him. He never steps away from us, never. And he will always take us back. When I get to feeling that separation, I ask God to pull me back and he always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment